Thursday, June 05, 2008

No posting for a while

Sorry about the lack of posts, but what is there to write about when you are in Canada?

Aside from the fact that we have been astounded at the amount of kosher food available, and have definitely gained a few pounds each eating at pizza pita or Ernie's and Ellies, there is not much to write about.

I did just return from Toronto, where I went on a small fundraising trip, which turned out OK. I didn't raise much, but I did get to reconnect with some friends and relatives.

A funny fundraising story: I visited someone, showed him our pictures and what we do, and spoke to him for an hour. It was alot of fun, but at the end he told me he was retired and could only afford to give me a post-dated 18 dollar check.

I found it very funny. I thanked him, and the truth is, he DID give it with all his heart.

Anyway, we opened a paypal account, and also figured out that if someone would like to donate 18 dollars a month or something like that, it can now be done. We can even organize American receipts. Just contact me at rabbizvi44@yahoo.com

Also, we are still looking for the following sponsorships:

Tefillin for Igor Lerner - $100 (Tefillin bank covers the rest)
Box of Sefarim shipped to Stavropol - $180
Paroches for Aron Kodesh - (don't know yet exactly how much)

A week and a half to D-day.

2 comments:

the Mitzvah man! said...

Awesome!!!... About the money sending news.

Otherwise, not posting will be boring for the viewers.

the Mitzvah man! said...

boy boy boy BOY BOY BOY!!!