It's always a pain getting documents together for anything... Particularly the Russian government.
We have spent the past month working our and you will have to excuse my very coarse language TUCHISSES off trying to get the following documents we need in order to make permanent residency (and don't get me started with what we had to do to get our new visas, suffice it to say that some licking of a Russian security guards toes took place).
- All birth certificates (inculding Chayale's original from England).
- Two copies of our marriage license (to go in BOTH our files). Thank G-d we aren't polygamists.
- A police report (with photo and fingerprints) of every adult.
- All those documents notarized.
- Then internationally notarized (apostille in the US, authentication in Canada).
- Then everythng translated into Russian by an official translator.
- And stamped by the Russian embassy, verifying the translation.
Of course after this must take several blood tests to prove that we aren't on drugs, and don't have AIDS, and then, and then, AND THEN...
And then maybe we will be allowed to get permanent residency, since only 1000 people are allowed each year in each province.
But it's worth a shot.
And everything took time, money, and errors.
Except for today. I was up to the part called 'authentication', which meant I had to take the notarized documents to Ottawa.
So I traveled 2 hours each way to the Canadian department of authentication and other long words, and expected:
- To pay alot of money
- To wait 10 working days for it to arrive
- To lick at least one toe
Anyway, in the end, I walked in. A lady says, "give me the papers and sit." 30 seconds later she comes out and hands me the papers back, stamped... all for free!
The world amazes me sometimes.

3 comments:
Good on ya' mate!
Wow! G-d seems to be telling you something and I think it has to do with Shomer Negia... or toes... or BOTH!!!
I think you need to get notarized copies of your passports too.
Good luck!
Post a Comment