So I've been hired to run a program in which teens (not lubavitch) do different cool types of volunteerism and get their volunteer hours needed for school.
I'm doing it for Rabbi Krasnanski of 'Chabad of the Town'.
My first idea was for them to make a monument and donate it to some organization. Yesterday that is what we did. A woman named Edna Katz came over and taught the kids (and I) how to make monuments.
After chatting about anti-Semitism, we then took pictures of arms, and cut them into styrofoam, which we then slowly molded into looking (somewhat) like actual arms. It was very cool.
I'll post a picture when it's done, but it's in the forge right now being cast into alumnimum. The final 'product' will be a bunch of arms poking out of a bumpy peace of metal, with the words 'we will never forget' engraved into it, and the names of each teen next to their 'arm.'
Cool, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
awesoem zvi!
Post a Comment