
Today was a good day.
After helping my father clean up the backyard, cut down a tree and start building a shed, I dropped by our Montreal apartment for a few moments.
As I was leaving, Miriam called out: "I love you, Tatty."
That's the first time I received such spontaneous words from my daughter, and it completely melted my heart. I left with a push in my step.
This evening, I put Miriam to bed. As I was singing her a Niggun (lying next to her), she lifted her head off the pillow, pulled her pacifier from her mouth, and to my surprise planted a kiss on my cheek (first time, too). Then she lay back on her pillow and whispered, "I love you, Tatty."
I could eat her for breakfast, lunch and supper.
And even without any ketchup.

4 comments:
Even that made me gush. Thanks for sharing.
So cute! Can't wait to see you guys in a few months!
Actually, I take that back! I hope you guys get back to Russia before I get back... I was just being selfish there for a second, but going back to Russia is the right thing to do!
i take credit for that pic
Post a Comment