
As I wrote before, I have been working doing data entry for a stamp seller.
Today I was putting in some information and something bothered me about a certain stamp (pictured above) which hails from Sierra Leone, a small African country. As I read the biblical passages on the side, it hit me.
They spelled G-d the way I just spelled it! (Gee dash dee). Only orthodox Jews spell Hashem's name that way (because we don't what power it has, and don't want to wind up throwing G-d into the garbage. If it's spelled differently, it's like a sorta loophole and you can do what you want with it).
So what is it doing on a stamp from SIERRA LEONE?
The answer is that a Lubavicther in Crown Heights (and old friend of my Dad from Montreal) prints stamps for many countries around the world. I guess he couldn't handle writing G-ds name down, even on a stamp. What a kiddush hashem!
By the way, the stamp pictured can be found and bought. Google 'stamp Sierra Leone natures wisdom'.

3 comments:
Hey Zvi, you have a great attitude!! When is Chayale coming? any plans yet?
You should send the stamp dude an email, telling him how impressed you are with this Kiddush hashem. It would make him feel good.
I seriously thought you had discovered the lost tribes. I was like, "Woe! My brother's going to be famous" but this ending was awesome too!
Post a Comment