Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hockey cures stress

I've known it for a while... I played 3 games this week and with each one my mouth felt better. Now it is perfectly back to normal, except that I'm sore all over from all the roller-hockey.

We've started playing every friday at 3. This week some college hotshots came by and tried to kick us off the court, saying that our players are 'too young' and they'll cream us (my nephew Menachem Mendel Myhill, 15 years old, plays along with some friends). Finally they agreed to make 3 teams, 2 would be 'their' temas, and one would be us (8 players). We'd play 4 on 4. Anyway, we creamed them and it made my week. They barely even got shots on goal. We shocked ourselves and shocked everyone watching - as some yeshiva kids beat these super-cool college guys.

Oh, I finally got a job - sorta. I'm doing data entry for a stamp collector and dealer in Montreal. Pays 10 bucks an hour. And Dovid Russ helped me find a good job, which is sporadic. It's Hashgacha work, and pays well (250 dollars a day!). So far I haven't received a call.

I'm also writing.

Of course, if anyone hears of anything, please let me know. I'm still looking for a temp job for now.

And the reason for the lack of posting is over - Miriam will be going to preschool so we finally have time for ourselves :)

No news yet from Stavropol :(

5 comments:

Sholom Ber Shuchat said...

Stop looking for temporary stress relievers. The time has come you focus on a permanent stress reliever.

WEED!

Zvi said...

Shuch... I think you need to go back to Ottawa.

As a student. ;)

Sholom Ber Shuchat said...

Mach doh Ottawa.

Malky H... said...

lol...(at the comments)
also, love the hockey story! I never thought Menachem Mendel would be so good!
also, is Chava going to be Miriam's teacher?

Zvi said...

nope