Guess what?
Our wonderful internet cafe has been having issues, so we need to find a new one. But for now, this'll have to do.
Benny commented in a previous post about the Canadiens.
Well, back when we used taxis to get everywhere, we once took a taxi back from Metro, and when I mentioned (on the way) to the driver that I'm from Canada, he gave me a thumbs up and said, "Ahhhh... Montreal Canadiens."
Believe me when I tell you that had we been driving I would have slammed on the brakes.
After scooping up my eyeballs and returning them to their proper sockets, I asked him what he meant. Turns out he is a massive fan, and he kept recalling the 'glorious days' when Montreal beat the Soviet's best in the late 80's and early 90's. He told me he used to catch some games on TV.
Turns out he is from Murmansk (here's some fun for you readers. Find Murmansk on a map and post your comments about that city of 500,000), but he moved to Stavropol about 30 years ago.
Then he tells us he loves Elvis. He even had music in his car to prove it, and the rest of the way we were forced to listen to Barchi Nafshi (had to throw in that Tatty joke).
All Russians are characters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This is what I'd call a HASHGACHA PROTIS story (or as Mommy would say... (use your imagination here))! Sorry to Esty... but this one rocks all of hers! May G-d bless all our souls... til the coming of Moshiach, amen!
-The Rebbe
HashBrocha Tuchis??
Post a Comment