Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Shlichus shot



Just so you don't think all we do is hang with Yummy. This is after a class with some students. Left to right: Yanna, Borya, me, Valeria and her boyfriend Sergei, and finally Marina. Missing were Katya, and Misha.

Misha is one of those Russians that makes mne remember why I came here. His first words to me were: "I saved up to buy a Mezuza, but only got the case. How do I get an actual Mezuza? I want to hang one on my dorm room." He asked tons of questions about Yiddishkeit. Incidentally, all of these students speak very decent English.

3 comments:

the Mitzvah man! said...

Insanely awesome... I'm going to post some of these pictures onto my own blog... If that's okay with you guys?

Anonymous said...

Misha is a he?

Zvi said...

Yes it is Benny.

Misha is a he. Like Moshe.