Holy crap! I just found an internet cafe where I can upload photos!!! I'll try to come back and upload more!!! Pictured above is the former Shul, now marriage license center of Stavropol.
Anyway, after our driver left to Nizhnevartovsk (or in English, the North Pole), we needed a new driver. Boruch Hashem we had two other options from my previous interview. One was a Turk named Mohammed with a gorgeous car, but he seemed like a wheeler-dealer when we discussed salary etc.
The other is a nice guy I liked named Roman. Problem was that I never saw his car. So I called him and asked him to bring his car and let me look at it.
He agreed, and after seeing the car (a typical, but well maintained Lada), we hired him on the spot.
Yesterday was also another big day, in which my wife proved she was wiser than me (again).
We had bought beds, kitchen cabinets, and several other pieces of furtinure, which are to be delivered today, but we needed the (drabby) furniture that was in the apartment when we arrived to be moved out. We had been promised it would happen immediately, but because of the Russian 13 day holiday, no one had showed up.
I didn't want to trouble the landlords, but Chayale persuaded me to call them. Anyway, within an hour people came, and cleared our apartment of all furniture. We had to sleep on the floor last night. We did that by piling towels and stuff, but it was a bad night nonetheless.
In other news, Chayale got her ticket to New York. She arrives there on the 23rd and leaves back on the 29th.

2 comments:
YAAAY!!!
The future Chabad Shul looks gorgeous.
Mazal Tov on the new driver
and...
I'm saving a New York post and Nshei Chabad for Chayale when she comes into town.
I'm Mucho excited!
thanx
Post a Comment