Friday, February 15, 2008

Challah baking

On Thursday Chayale invited 3 women over to make Challah together while our housekeeper watches the kids.

Incidentally our amazing housekeeper last Friday told us it was her last day an hour before Shabbos. She felt bad leaving, but her priest told her she should. Then on Sunday our driver told us it was his last day, his rich son hired him. They both were sad to leave, and luckily we quickly found a new driver and housekeeper. We hope they'll be as good as the previous ones.

Anyway, so at 2:00, Anya Yaskovich came with her son, Yaroslav, who is only a little older than Miriam. Then Anya Davidova and Lena Berkun, two amazing women from the community, came with their children.

Together they spent all day making Challahs. They even stayed for supper. I'll try to convince Chayale to write about that experience.

Meanwhile, I am trying to get a working visa. Below I posted some pictures. They are not recent, but enjoy them nonetheless. We bought a computer and soon should have internet at home. Then we'll post more, and the blog will be G-d willing filled with photos, news, and videos.

3 comments:

the Mitzvah man! said...

Yaaaay on the new computer. I can't wait... And the story was pretty cool too.

Anonymous said...

I just have to say...

This news-site is absolutely hilarious and amazing!

The things that are going on sound really awesome. I really need to do a double take whenever I think that the person this is all happening to is someone that I know.

Random Point #1: You should get a whole bunch of signatures from Alex Kovalev... It will help spur a great recruitment campaign.. I mean, if that is his name nothing done wrong, eh? ;)

Random Point #2: This baby in a bathtub thing... Is it all that bad of an idea? I mean, when they start crawling and all, ya know.. JUST KIDDING!! No please! Don't take me off the online shidduch list! :P

Random Point #3: Awesome. It is a one word thing, you know. Beyond speech.

Zvi said...

GREAT FUNDRAISING IDEA LEVI!!!

I can probably sell them on ebay to wacky Canadiens fans (and then send them tax deductable receipts).

Yes, imagine telling their friends the news.

"I just bought an Alex Kovalev signed Vodka bottle cap, and got a 35 dollar receipt!"