So much happens here you forget to post, especially when you need to travel around to find internet. So here's a little update.
Two days ago our driver was taking Chayale somewhere so I took a taxi home. The guy immediately notifies me that I happen to look Jewish. I answer my standard answer, "ya Superyevrei". This always gets a chuckle. Anyway he tells me his Grandma was Jewish. As a proper shliach, alarm bells rang in my head and I immediately asked him what any one of the Rebbe's shluchim's response to that statement would be. I said, "do you have 1000? we want to make a kosher kitchen...." oops, no that's for fundraising. I actually tried to find out if it was his maternal grandma, and it turned out it was. So I told him he's Jewish.
Of course he asks the standard Xenophobic question upon hearing that. He says, "so why don't I have alot of money?" I replied, "not all Jews have money, you know." Anyway, we spoke a little, and he tells me he has a sister living in Prague (mental note to Rav of Prague, contact that woman). So I took his number and told him I wanna invite him for Shabbos. I ask him his name.
Pause for effect.
ALEX KOVALEV!!!!!
I promise. This is one of my hockey heroes!!! Could Hashem have made me love hockey so much for this very reason???? probably not, but it was kinda cool.
So he is my project of the year. Someday he'll meet his namesake, and say the following words to him: "do you want to put on tefillin?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
coooool!!! have no idea who that is but coool!!
OMG!!! I'm confused!!! Is this THE alex Kovalev??? If it is, I'm absolutely freeking out! If not that is still absolutely cool! If it is, what's he do driving a cab???? BTW, I got my ticket... finally... just need to pick it up but it's bought! Missing you guys!
No, it was just some guy named Alex Kovalev
ya cool!
Post a Comment