Sunday, April 06, 2008

Je-hova's witnesses in Russia

I don't understand what they are thinking.

On shabbos, someone knocked on our door, and when we opened it, two Yoshkas witnesses were there, all smiling. This is the third time I have been approached by them, and while this one I can understand (perhaps they didn't know a Rabbi lived there), I don't know what they are thinking when they stop a Rabbi on the street on one of his 'Shabbos walks' and ask him to accept Yoshka.

What do they think a Rabbi, in Tallis, Kapota, hat (the works) will say, "Gee there, nice point! I will convert! Quick! Sprinkle me with water before I change my mind!?"

It is odd.

Another thing I don't understand is swastikas in Russia, and how they put up with it.

The word "Zhid" or the "N" word I can understand, after all, it's just plain racism, but a swastika? weren't like over 10,000,000 Russian lives lost to the people wearing that insignia on their shoulder? so why don't they ever do anything about it? at least quickly clean it up.

After all, the battle of Stalingrad (6 million Russian lives there) was only 8 hours from here. I wonder what the old army veterans who fought the Nazis and lost their friends think when they see swastikas around their city walls.

Ridiculous.

No comments: