Friday, February 20, 2009

A practical donation


As I have previously written, there's a man in the community who has a 2-year-old son with Leukemia.

Boruch Hashem there's an 85% chance of the boy surviving, but it's been hard on the family. The parents have separated, and the father lost his job due to the crisis.

I raised 500 bucks to help the family several months ago, and told the father (Denis Feldman) that I will keep trying. So far, no luck (although if anyone wants to make a donation, please contact me).

Last week, I was speaking to Denis, and he was telling me how difficult it is. He is doing all kinds of odd jobs, but still can't put together enough to pay for his son's medicine, which is extremely expensive.

I had an idea, and told him I would see what I can do.

Each Thursday I visit many businessmen from the community. Among them is Yosef Zizov, a wealthy Jew who imports medicine and sells them to all the hospitals and pharmacies. He is a 'hartzige yid', and so I told him about Denis, and he agreed to sponsor the medicine. They just met, and Denis was given the medicine.

Another Mitzvah in Stavropol! (pictured above is Yosef).

1 comment:

the Mitzvah man! said...

Unbelievable!!! Zvi, that is absolutely amazing. Shlichus at its best!!!!!!