- Chavi is engaged. Woooooo! I danced around the house in my pyjamas when I heard. (Chavi is chayale's sister).
- To Dovid Russ! (he's a buddy). For that I will now perform a split.
Ouch.
- We received money from our Or Avner organization to do some work. Most of it goes to pay salaries, but we are closer to standing on our feet.
- We have taken over sunday school. It's now full of Yiddishkeit, and how we want it. We also are making it one of the best Sunday schools in the city (where else can kids learn English in stavropol from a NATIVE SPEAKER)?
- chayale's womens class has been rocking. It's popular, and for the past 3 weeks she has averaged around 10 women a week. (it's in our apartment. She teaches lessons on prayer, and then teaches them how to cook something else each week).
- She also made a womens club for Tu Bishvat in which they turned fruits into swans and stuff. 10 people came (several cancelled at the last moment).
- Friday night Minyan in our apartment is growing and is really nice. We just sing the entire time, talk about a different prayer each week, and then sit down to eat.
- We bought a dryer. The ones here aren't like the ones in America. You don't need a plastic pipe poking out the window, rather the dirt magically disappears.
- Our kitchen is still missing some essentials. We have no office to speak of yet, but we are happy.
- I went to Krasnodar for their Torah celebration last week and it was absolutely stunning. I brought two Jews from stavropol, and they got pumped about it. I'll post pictures when we get internet at home. The party went from a classy theatre through the streets of Krasnodar with a marching band to the beautiful shul where we made Hakafos. Both Stavropol guys got to write a letter in the Torah, and I showed them where we 'will be in 3 years.' They were particularly impressed with the kindergarten.
My time is running out in the internet cafe. I gotta go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds Awesome! Mazal Tov! I've been trying to call you for like 3 days... do you have a new number or something?
Hey brotha
Your life sounds awesome!
I miss you!
Magicjack is back!
Post a Comment