Friday, February 20, 2009

Thank You!



You know, when we go to the Kinus, it feels like a big happy family reunion. You can talk to people you don't know about your hardships and challenges because they are facing the same thing and understand what you're going through. I thought, as I sat there in the workshop where people shared their difficulties, that I am not alone. I truly belong to the most supportive, most caring family one could imagine.
What amazes and inspires me though, more than being in New York with my family, is meeting a family member in Yehuuppitz ville and receiving an outpouring of support out in the middle of nowhere. After a 12 hour flight from New York to Moscow and a two hour stop over in Moscow, I missed my flight back to my city. I was very upset, needles to say since the next flight was the next morning. A neighboring Shlucha (four hours awayt!!) was with me, Chavi Segal from Krasnodar, so I left my baby with her while I frantically ran and changed my flight to to with her to Krasnodar. I was exhaustd when I arrived and dreaded the thought of another four ride to Stavropol. When I got off the plane, Chavi's 6 year old son Aryeh, came over to me with a bouquet of orchids. Her husband, Shneour gave me a bag full of food for the trip home. Then they helped me sort my luggage and sent me home with their personal driver! I was so inspired by the way that Shluchim take care of each other, how my family was right there with me, out in the middle of nowhere. What an amazing family the Rebbe created. It's real! We don't just talk about it at the Kinus, but out there we are caring for each other and for every Jew that they should have what that they need.So thank you Chavi and Shneour Segal for bringing the inspiration and the feelings of the Kinus home to me.

4 comments:

Malky H... said...

This seriously has to go into the "I am touched" column of the neshei newsletter. It's really inspiring

the Mitzvah man! said...

I was touched!!!

Anonymous said...

its the segal's the where amazing to me to when i had to stop over there

Anonymous said...

So what happened to the orchids?