Yesterday was my birthday, and it was amazing.
First, the night before I had my first exercise in over a month. I played ice hockey in the last game of the MJHL (Montreal Jewish Hockey League). I was the worst player on the ice by far (some of these guys played Semi-pro), but had a blast.
We won 15-7, and I had a goal, 2 assists, and 3 blocked shots. My bones still ache.
Yesterday I went to work as usual, and was picked up by Chayale and brought to the park where lots and lots of friends came for a nice barbeque.
After eating and chatting we even had a small game of roller hockey. We lost 2-1 but I had an assist and played well.
I was also officially accepted into Concordia as a mature student. I will be taking courses this fall in linguistics, creative writing, and administration. I'll see which one suits me the most and take it from there. I also applied to beginners french for the winter. If I'm going to live in Montreal, I'm going to need it.
This season I'll be joining the MJHL hockey league full time iyh. It's 420 bucks for like 30 games and starts after Succos. I was told by some of the guys that after 3 months of play, you will improve physically and gamewise and be able to keep up with the others in the game.
My next post will be from Morristown iyh, where we are going for Shabbos. We'll be arriving there tonight.

5 comments:
Nice!
Happy birthday!
When are you coming back to Montreal?
Yes, in time to see you Bash
Post a Comment