At the end of last week, I walked into the office one morning to find the electricity off and my boss missing. As I tried to work with the lights off (reorganzing the stamps...) the guy from the office next door dropped in to tell me that the building had new owners and they were throwing all of the tenants out.
So now we had to move the office. I called my boss, and he confirmed the news. He would spend the next week setting up an office in his home (the third floor of a triplex).
For a full day I packed up the office, and then spent the next few days waiting for him to finish his office. Every day he'd tell me to come tomorrow or there was work for half an hour... I wound up at home more than at work. It was very frustrating.
Finally yesterday he rented a van and i spent 3 gruelling hours moving stuff. He even took advantage of the extra help and had me move two massive bookcases (which barely fit down the stairs) into storage. He couldn't do much work since he has a bad back, so I was pretty much alone. I schlepped like crazy.
Today there's no work, since he now needs to organize the stuff in his home. He told me to come Monday morning for a full day of work.
I hope things will be ready by then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Did you at least get paid?
not yet.
Post a Comment