I don't have much time, so I'll be brief.
The news:
- Our stuff arrived from Stavropol! Finally! This past Friday the container arrived from stavropol with all our stuff in it. It took two days to organize getting it to our apartment, and another few days to unpack it (still not done). We also had a guy rebuild our furniture quickly, and he was great. So now we are completely out of Stavropol.
The guy who did the shipping job was so professional and reliable, which was very surprising. Sending our stuff to Russia from Montreal was a pain... our stuff took 6 months to arrive and we weren't updated on what was going on at all. We also barely had help and it was mostly an unprofessional job.
But Alexander Aksenov from Rostov was amazing! Not only did our stuff arrive within 3 months, but he also constantly was in contact with us, updating us about our stuff and being very professional.
What a mentsch.
2 - I started school in concordia today. chayale got me a school bag and school supplies, which is a first for me, since in the past my father always gave me some old pens and cheap paper. Or I'd find some notebooks in the basement to use. But this was a schoolbag FULL OF STUFF!
The professor was a Jewish guy, and it's good to be learning for a change. Business administration here I come!
3 - I played ice hockey tonight! Preseason began, and this season I'll be playing full time (once a week for about 30 weeks) in the MJHL (Montreal Jewish Hockey League). I had a better game than last time. No goals or assists, but I was somewhat up to speed, and played sound defence. I blocked 4 shots and stopped 2 shots with my stick that had dribbled through the goalie's legs. In other words, a good defensive game, without even taking a shot on goal. I am exhausted though.
4 - Lots of opportunities have arisen, and we'll see what happens. Hashem closes one door and opens another. One of them involves being a Chazzan for Rosh Hashana and Yom kippur in a local Shul for good pay, another is a good writing job, another is a fantastic shlichus'dik part time job, and lastly - I started tutoring two cute little kids who think I am the greatest since their favorite video is 'Maccabees', a video that honestly embarrasses me in its unprofessionalism.
My beef with it is that it should have been done HASC-video style (and I said this from the beginning when they were filming). Like a 'this is what you missed and you should have been there' sorta film, with lots of shots of audience reactions and participation.
Instead, there are entire scenes without an audience... I could go on and on, but the lesson I learned is to run the films myself. Now i got to keep writing and go to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
How is it that I live about 5 blocks away from you, but still don;t know what's going on in your life??? You got a schoolbag?!? And I have to find out on your blog?!? Unbelievable! :0
Tzvi,Asach Hatzlocha you deserve it.
Dudy
Thank you.
Zvi, may you have a gut, gebensht yur mit Hatzlacha.
-Nusach Hari Congregants.
Post a Comment