
When I was about 10 years old I witnessed something really cute. My brother Benny broke a glass in the kitchen. A couple of minutes later my mother came into the kitchen and saw the mess.
"Who did this?" She shouted.
"Me!" Benny admitted.
My mother, who was in a bad mood, gave Benny a 'frask' as they say in Kitah Gimmel.
Benny started howling and bawling. Between sobs, he squeaked out his complaint. "But... sniff sniff... in the Marvelous Midos Machine... sniff sniff... it says that if you say the truth then your mommy will be PROUD of you!"
What brought this memory to the surface of my brain?
Comment #7 of this article: http://collive.com/show_news.rtx?id=5478
For those of you too lazy to read the entire article, it discusses PETA coming to Crown Heights to protest Kapporos.
This guy launches into a full page tirade. To quote: "An animal must be treated kindly and with respect according to the Torah. The same Torah has told us to use parchment for Tefillin and Mezuzos and meat of animals for Korbonois."
Beautifully written, in my opinion.
But here is how he finishes his comment and I quote:
"Remember that Country Yossi (I think) song:"...I swing a chicken over my head....'cuz I'm a Jew, 'cuz I'm a Jew I do that too...AND I'VE GOT NOTHING TO APOLOGIZE TO YOU!!!!!...."
So Peta get out of town and learn some manners."
My favorite part is how the 'I've got nothing to apologize to you' part is in big letters.
:)

4 comments:
thanks for the benny story
Zvi, the 'I've got nothing to apologize to you" isn't even part of that song.
It's part of the Moshe yess song. "and it's true. And it's true... I've got nothing to apologize to you... I'm a son of Abraham, and I've been livin' in the promise land..."
That makes it even funnier.
And I remember the story too. I still believe it's true and Mammy apologized to me.
Thats what makes it even funnier... Hahaha!
That stress is GOLDEN. I love frum Jews.
Such a Benny story!lovin it.
Post a Comment