
Another picture of the awesome couple.
The report came in from Stavropol.
But before I get to that, I want to write about my phone call on Erev Pesach, after I got a message from my father-in-law telling me that a "Konstantin Solomonov" was trying to reach me.
It was Kostya!
I looked at the time... half hour to Pesach in Stavropol, so I gave him a call. He wasin the kitchen, finishing up some cooking, and we chatted for only a short time, but I also managed to speak to one of the Bochurim running the Seder (an Israeli named Shimon), who told me that apparently Yefim contacted him.
He didn't go into details, but he said "what an apikorus!" He then gave me some inspirational words of Chizuk, telling me how we have done a good job with the community, etc.
Then I spoke to Natasha, who told me that over 50 people were already there (in Kostya's restaurant), and they were expecting many more. I told her to send my warmest wishes to the community.
So today I received an email: 137 people had attended!
This says something about Yefim's place. Last year, we managed 50 people for the first Seder and 30 for the second. Many didn't show up because we did it in the Center. That only came after alot of prodding and calling, etc. not just by myself, but by Yefim and Natasha as well.
This year 137!!! And that probably excludes the 10 or so people supporting Yefim. Also, people from the governors office, and visitors from other nationalities were there to show support. What a Kiddush Hashem, and great job done by the Bochurim! I wish I could thank them personally.
Sadly, Yefim meanwhile hired a lawyer, and according to the email he is making a 'reelection' and of course only people he calls can vote. Guess who he's calling?
That's right. 6 people are going to vote in the new president for the community of Stavropol.
Pathetic.
Maybe we should just start a new Jewish community...

2 comments:
Why can't you?
We're trying...
Post a Comment