
I must fill this out
So this is the first email I received:
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
This message was sent via the Chabad.org Centers Directory. More info below.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Date Sent: 4/6/2009 5:08:11 AM EST
Name: David Vance
Email: david1vance@hotmail.com
Subject: Rabbi Zvi
As the Passover Approaches.l am Donating the Sum of $1million to your Chabad.
My Father was a Rabbi in the 80's and he always advice me to give for Passover.
You can send me your Personal Details and l am gonna instruct the Bank to transfer the funds into your account this week before Passover.
David Vance
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Please note: The legitimacy of the sender of this message is unverified.
For more information on the sender's possible location, click here:
http://private.dnsstuff.com/tools/ipall.ch?ip=216.15.82.203
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I checked the senders possible location, and it was somewhere in Kansas, but possibly.
Weird scam. So I wrote back to him from a different email address, telling him I want to meet and hear about his father...
He wrote back that he's in London, but wants it wired before Pesach, so please give him my banking info by Friday.
Then I received an email from a Mr. Greg Harrison of Halifax Bank in London. He was the banking consultant, and wanted my details to confirm the wire transfer.
My father-in-law checked up on scamomatic.com or something like that, and it really looks like a scam. The email address is a hotmail one, and the phone number is one that can be connected to anywhere in the world. Also, I haven't found a wealthy David Vance or a Greg Harrison who works for Halifax bank in London.
I have found the address in London for where Mr. Harrison, and will call them after Yomtov, iy"h.
What do you think?

11 comments:
It is the regular scam. Be careful. Don't mention your real name. etc.
Yeah... You can even find it on google I think. Scams like these were going around to all the Chabad houses from Chabad.org.
It was on Achdus bro!
Yeah... You can even find it on google I think. Scams like these were going around to all the Chabad houses from Chabad.org.
It was on Achdus bro!
I dunno what you guys are talking about... I'm currently enjoying a wonderful post-Pesach vacation in the French Polynesia thanks to a wonderful anonymous donor who has been sending us $1.37 million once a week... for the past month.
It definitely doesn't hurt to send the details... whats the worst that can happen? loose your bad credit?!
I wrote to him that he should send a check.
if he scams u guy i will take care of him and his cohoots lol
It's over. The guy backed off...
Dear Rabbi and Mrs. Hershcovich,
Compliments of the season!
After much deliberation I have decided to send you the cashiers check for $1 million dollars. I would like to just ask if you can please send me back $1000 so that I can pay the transactions fees.
You are extraordinary people doing work to benefit human kind as a whole.
With blessings and admiration, David
:)
Much enjoyed the letter...
Greetings of the Season. I am glad you enjoyed the letter, I am hopeful with the mercy of the G-d's that you will also enjoy the humble gift my family is sending you.
Please forget not to send the transaction check back so we can continue supporting the people of the book.
I wish you and your well and peace! David (heir to the late Mugatu Kamanta)
I got yhe axact letter from this jurk.
After strted tellig him I do not beleve him, he started wiriting nasty commants, saying now I understand why the people did not exept Jesus...
I wrote back to him: your father/rabbi tought you about Jesus?? and did he teach you about Passover (as his emails were sent on pesach, a day afer the seder, encoureching to give me a check for my passover fest next week...)
He wrote back his father tought him about Jesus, but not about Passover...
a numbr of times he wrote to me funny letters like, Have you recieved the i million yet?
I will be so happy to fine out my late father rabbi would love to know what I am doing...
Post a Comment