Above is an old picture from before we had a washing machine.
Life was good then.
But life in Russia is no simple matter. A year ago we moved into a new apartment, which has its faults (Boruch Hashem we are moving again soon). The biggest problem is the water issue, which we tried to address immediately. But the plumbers explained us that the way it was built makes it unfixable without tearing apart the entire apartment (same goes for many plugs and light fixtures).
This meant that when we have water, only a dribble of cold water comes out, while hot water will blast out of it like Mount Vesuvius. Therefore, for the past year we were forced to resort to taking showers under limp spools of water like the old showers in CGI Montreal, in order that the hot and cold water should be evenly dished out.
About a month ago, the cold water stopped altogether. Since then, we have had to fill buckets with cold water from the kitchen, then even it out by pouring boiling bath water into it.
This is followed by getting a 'kvart', and then systematically pouring the warm water over our heads several times.
The rumors are true. I actually did come up with a better alternative method, which is currently under review for a Nobel prize.
What I have started doing is filling the bath with hot water, then adding a ton of cold water (this takes about 45 minutes to set up), then I shower in the bath if you get my drift. Lots of fun, the only downside is that I get to sit in my own guck for a half hour.
Easily solvable though. That's why towels were created.
Oddly, on Friday and Shabbos this past week, there was only cold water and it was blasting.
I hate Murphy.

3 comments:
Can we get some more details on the scrubbing process and perhaps some sketches or photos of the procedure??
Your blog gets better by the day!
Yocheved told me about this blog..
Told ya, this blog rocks...
I can't stop laughing... BTW what shampoo do you use?!
Post a Comment