Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ready for the party




There is an old woman in the community named Luba Ozerova. She claims to be a descendant of Ezra, which would mean that technically, she is Stavropol's only Cohen (that I know of).

She is one of the sweetest ladies in the community. We call her 'Tante Luba'. Whenever she comes over, she takes Miriam and Chaim and entertains them for hours.

Naturally, as she is a good cook and trustworthy woman, we hired her to make all the Sufganiyot for the party (around 250 of them).

She came on Wednesday to learn Chayale's recipe, and they made a delicious batch of donuts, some with jelly, some without. I had like 12 of them, and snuck the rest to Miriam when Chayale wasn't looking. We partied like it was 1999, and they were yum.

To the point: last night (motzei Shabbos), Luba came over and made 93 MORE!! And these are the real ones. The ones before looked deformed, which may be why Luba left them here, and may explain my stool problems (rim shot). I wonder how long I can hold myself in.

From eating, you sicko!

Today she is going to bake like 200 more!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are so weird!