
So much has been written about the attacks on Chabad of Mumbai that I don't think there is much more I could write.
Like many others I was glued to the computer trying to find out news. A Tehillim lay open in front of me and I would say a kapitul every so often confident that Rabbi Holtzberg and his family were going to be released.
After all, haven't we heard all the Farbrengens? the ones where the Mashpia tells us all that 'no shliach of the Rebbe has ever been harmed on his shlichus because shlucho shel odom kemoso'?
So what does this mean now? does this mean that all shluchim are vulnerable? is the magic of 'shlucho shel odom kemoso' over? for those of us living in 'dangerous' areas (and Stavropol is listed as one to US travelers, aside from the fact that down the block from us 2 Chechnyans killed some people), do we now leave our posts? or beef up security? do we hide? run?
The answer of course is NO WAY! Particularly in Russia, where we are out there to give them Jewish pride. 9/11 showed us that NOWHERE is safe. Not Manhattan, not the middle of Pennsylvania. So we DO beef up security, but we don't stop. We stand proud.
And we are proud of the victims we mourn. From what I hear, he was a great one. Someone that impressed even the Gerrer Chassidim and Satmar Chassidim with the breadth of his learning.
We need Moshiach. And this is why all us shluchim are out there. So he will come.
And we won't stop and hide.

No comments:
Post a Comment