Sometimes people say things which remind you what you are doing, and make you proud to know that your lifelong commitment of helping a Jewish community in Russia seems worth it (of course, at other times you wish you could be in Montreal so you could go down the block to Pizza Pita and order a pizzawrap).
Like yesterday, when I decided to call people and invite them for Purim. I am expecting mostly no's, mainly because we don't have established relationships with most of these people, and they include some people whom I have only met once (a 'Shalom' in the street and I took down their phone number).
But call after call people were so happy. One lady was so excited that she is running over today to bring the money for her husband and herself. Things like this really make you feel great.
Incidentally, Chayale decided to give her 'womens club' another shot, and have a makeup artist come and teach women how to use makeup or something like that (how complicated can it be? what will she say? "your fluorescent pink lipstick is NOT eye shadow").
The makeup teacher agreed to come and do it all for free, saying "it's great advertising". So this coming Sunday will be the first Womens club at our apartment, and all we need to do is make food.
I will take care of the baby, and Chayale will have fun with the women. She has made pretty pink invitations (in Russian), and passed them around to about 30 women. We are expecting at least 10, already having several confirmations. I hope this works out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good luck... And this is totally awesome. BTW, Mendy is going to be using a few of your ideas as regular news. I.e. the Mohel's inc. job worker cuts, the OT spelling bee winner etc... Thanks so much. In case you have anything else... Let me know please.
zvi this is really amazing!!! BTW, trust me makeup is harder than you think. But the way you described it was so true about the eyeshaddow as lipstick.. but hey, whatever works. BTW, do the people have to pay when they come to an event? This si really great!
Yay!!! That will be so fun
Post a Comment