Which is why I am writing a new one.
More interesting meetings:
On Shabbos I walk 45 minutes each way in my hat and kapote, and things interesting always happen. This past shabbos I hear a guy speaking Hebrew on a cell phone.
So I say Shabbat Shalom.
To make a long story short, he was a Palestinian. Not only that, he is from Sydney, and speaks fluent English. Surprisingly, he was nice, we had an interesting conversation. After Shabbos, he called me to say that if I ever need help, I can call him. Also, he was happy to meet me. He's here for only six months as a student. Interesting, huh?
Two minutes later I met an Israeli who moved here.
Another meeting: the governors assistant in charge of religious affairs. Purim day this busy guy came over to say hi. I assumed it was just to say hi, and spoke warmly with him for about abn hour. Only after I left did I find out that I was supposed to ask him if he can help us get the shul back. That's why he came. Oh well, next time. I'll have my secretary try and arrange a second meeting with him.
Tuesday: I meet a pastor who is excited to meet me. He came to the centre to say hi. He's part of an organization of pastors, minmisters, mullahs etc. that meet and talk peace. They want to make their next meeting in the Jewish centre.
Thursday last week: a woman wants me to Barmitzvah her son. Date of entry into Jewish manhood? third day of Pesach.
Shabbos: on the way home from Centre, I meet a Russian boy. We have a nice conversation - he is an author. I told him one day he will be famous. He told me to remember his name. I told him to remember mine when he's famous. ;)
A day in the life of a very religious looking Jew in Russia. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
This is so freeking inspiring. I've never wanted to go on Shlichus more in my life!!!!
you're meeting lots of people... is it that you are going over to them or they're coming to you? How do the convos start? The author thing is pretty funny!
wow! You are a man of many meetings. The Bar-mitzvah-ed kid shares the same bday as
BAshie & I.
Post a Comment