My Grandma Lo sent out this other email (note: she isn't Jewish):
I decided that yesterday was the only day this week I could return to the Trial, so by 8:30 I had my seat, just behind Leah Rubashkin. And yes, I introduced myself and we had a great visit. Leah even invited me to Shabat. I can't imagine how she pulls it off in a Motel. You recall that I fall asleep right after the salads are served, so I think I'd better decline the invite, but I like being invited, right here in SF SD. I had planned to leave at noon but the next probable witness was certain to be very interesting-the head bank guy who had been in charge of the revolving bank loan. One of the charges that the Fed's are trying to prove is bank fraud and money laundering. Agri had a loan limit of $35,000,000 and were often close (at) to the limit. It appears that the bank let the loan become very risky and it became clear that all they were interested in was making a pile of money off the plant. In cross, they admitted to lots of errors on their part. I hope the jury folks were paying close attention. They don't appear to be real bright and shinny. Leah said that many of their supporters can't be there because they will be called as witnesses. Aaron Rubashkin for example. I have to say that I was totally fascinated for the whole 8 hours I was there. There continue to be over 20 Hasidic visitors. I wonder if they will all stay to the end? which could be many weeks from now. In the afternoon I sat by the newspaper reporter from the Des Moines paper and we had some interesting visiting. I'll return again next week when I find a free day. I finished my day with a meeting at the church at 6, and then a lecture at Augie at 7:30. I was soooo tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment