Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mikva means money?

A couple of weeks ago, I bumped into Reb Chaim Demurcur in the street. He's a friend of my father, and a very quiet guy. I rarely had spoken to him before. I know his wife and him were involved in making my mother frum and setting her up with my father, but other than that - I never really chatted with him.

He stopped me and told me that he knows what happened to me in Russia and he can see that I need money. At the time it was very true - I was desperately looking for a job, since the guy who sold stamps ran out of things for me to do.

Then he told me that Hashem is waiting to give me lots of money, and all I have to do to claim it is go to Mikva. He went on to say that even though my father only goes on Erev Yom Kippur, I should still make it important because Mikva means money and is a blessing for Parnassah.

So the next few days i went, but then I got lazy.

Oddly enough, during the two days I went, I received enough job offers to get me on my feet again.

I bumped into him again toward the end of last week, and this time he gave me a book on Mikva.

I decided to start going again, and suddenly received two more AWESOME job offers... And I've been going since.

This past Shabbos I davened in Yeshiva and for the first time since I was in Stavropol pulled out a Likutei Sichos (Chelek Alef), and started learning.

The Rebbe writes that the flood in this week's Torah portion was like a 'Mikva' for the world, purifying it - which is why it was 40 days (a Mikva needs to be 40 Sa'ah water minimum).

At mincha I picked up a pamphlet in Yeshiva to read. This one discussed how 'Mabul', the Hebrew word for flood, is made up of 'Mem Bul' - 40 levels of confusion - and it went on to say how the secret of receiveing lots of blessings for Parnassah is by going to mikva.

I feel bombarded... How weird is this?

4 comments:

Just like a guy said...

Judaism is freaky, eh?

Hakadosh Boruch Hu Sheyichye said...

All the time.

the Mitzvah man! said...

Wow! I'd better start going myself. I'm looking for a job here in CH.

I will IY"H.

In a way, it seems more important for a Ba'al Habos to go to Mikva than a Bochur. This is when the money counts...

Malky H... said...

Can this be my week-end job I've been searching for???