She's awesome! She a non-Jew living in South Dakota.
She went to the trial of Sholom Rubashkin, and just sent the following email:
Let me bring you up to date on my resent visit to the SF Federal Court house to sit in on the trial currently going on, in which Sholom Rubashkin is accused of all sorts of mistakes. He was part of the management of the Postville, Iowa Kosher packing plant which unfortunately has gone bankrupt. The trial had been moved to SD in hopes of more fairness. As I arrived, I noticed that the curtilage around the court house had only metered parking. The end result of that was I now have a parking ticket violation to pay. Also, there was vis major (Rain) to dash thru to get inside. I survived the security inspection, having left my knife at home, and turned in my cell phone, which added to their huge collection. I took a seat with the Hasidic Jews that were gathering to support their friend. Before the Offense began their opening statement, they presented their list of res gestae which seemed to number somewhere in the 3000's! When the Defense presented their's, they assured the court that the whole thing was a barratry. There seems to be no novation, as it's way too late for that to happen. But we were assured that the old contract with the bank was honored even after there appeared to be financial problems with the business. I'll be back to watch more of the trial on any slow days I have in the future. The Defense assured us that their witnesses would go on for weeks. I'm feeling sadness for all those folks visiting in a totally non-Jewish world. Not much in SF is like Crown Heights. And where do they eat? I've told Ang, I'll say some encouraging words to Leah Rubashkin the next time I go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment