Thursday, October 08, 2009

Other Russian Shluchim blogs

There aren't many American/Canadian shluchim in cities of Russia. There used to be 5, but with Yisroel Silberstein of Vladivostok and myself kicked out of Russia for reasons still unknown, there are 3 left. All are blogging. Here are some highlights from their blogs that I found.

Please visit their blogs and comment on them. Show them your support and if possible, send them a donation as well ;). But even if you cannot, write them a message reminding them what great work they're doing. Someone once called me in Russia just to tell me how inspired he was that I was out there. I wrote about it ages ago... he made my week, and made me feel normal after going through all the stares of hatred every time I walked the streets...

Rabbi Levi Stiefel in Voronezh - his blog at jewishvoronezh.blogspot.com

A Hasgacha protis story

An amazing Mezuzah story

The difficulty of getting a Sukkah

Beautiful video from their sons Upshernish


Rabbi Yossi Marozov in Ulyanovsk - his blog at marozov.blogspot.com

A few are in my older posts, but here are 3 more nice stuff from their blog:

First Chuppah in 80 years

An amazing program Yossi's family started

Some pictures from their son's Upshernish in Ulyanovsk


Rabbi Chaim Danzinger in Rostov - his blog at lifeinrostov.com


Some very typical shocking Russian situations such as no hot water


A late night visit to someone's home

Five Brissim in one day

What preschool and shopping is like in Rostov

There are so many fascinating stories, accomplishments and pictures I missed out. Please visit the websites to see them.

No comments: