Thursday, June 18, 2009

I need to scream!!!!


Ilana (formerly Lena) Berkun.


Things can be so unfair!! It eats me up inside!

In a good way.

It appears we were making lots of headway in Stavropol. Today I received this in my message inbox on odnoklassniki (the Russian facebook) from Ilana Berkun:


Шалом Цви !!!!!!!

Очень рада видеть вас !!!!

Как Хая ,Мирьям и Хайим ?Очень по вас скучаем ,помним и любим !!!!!!В нашей общине в пятницу несколько еврейских семей ,в том числе и наша семья ,мы будем встречать Шаббат! я буду печь Халлу и принесу в общину ,как меня учила Хая .Будем вести беседу на тему кашрута.


Free translation:

Shalom Zvi!!!!

I'm very glad to see you!!! (note: you can see if your friends are 'online' on this site)

How are Chaya, Miriam and Chaim? We very much miss you all, we remember you and love you all!!!! In our community (note: talking about our supporters) on Friday a couple of Jewish families including ours are going to start meeting to celebrate Shabbat! I will prepare Challah to bring to the center, in the way that Chaya taught me. We are going to make sure everything is completely kosher.



OYY! It's SO DIFFICULT! If only we were allowed to return, I'd willingly give up everything we have here in America (including -gasp- roller hockey) to go back, even with all the hardships we'd be facing.

These Jews need to be able to move forward and further. They need someone to guide them. Who will take us over? What can we do?

It physically hurts.

8 comments:

Just like a guy said...

Oy!

(you know, if you make this blog public then it can have an RSS feed, and then I can comment in a timely fashion...)

Zvi said...

Treu, but would it be wise to make it public?

Just like a guy said...

What are you posting that's so terrible now?

Zvi said...

I'm worried about someone going through the old stuff...

Just like a guy said...

Delete the old shtuff, or put it somewhere else. I mean, really, is anyone who could do damage even interested anymore?

Sholom Ber Shuchat said...

Erase all the Russia stuff, and open it to the public.

Chaim said...

how about make a new blog and keep this one locked?!?!?! so no more Antons write to you about grasshoppers!

Zvi said...

Naaah, I think i'll just keep this thing open.

There isn't much more damage it can do, and as everyone said, it's old news.