I just got back from the Ohel.
It was a last minute decision. My father rented a car and we drove into New York for Gimmel Tammuz. We stopped at the Ohel, then went to a restaurant for supper, and finally returned home.
We left yesterday at 10:30 and returned at 9:00 this morning. I drove through the night.
I am wondering if it was worth it. Originally I had no plans to go, since I kind of feel like I have lost the connection I once had, and there was nothing much to 'report' to the Rebbe.
Then Chayale told me that I had to go to ask for Brachos for the Jews of Stavropol, who need more blessings than we do. I agreed, and went.
It's odd, though. I kinda felt like I had lost that 'connection' I had with the Rebbe. As if when you're a shliach, you are coming in and reporting everything you've done. You are asking for Brachos for the community growth and success, as opposed to more minor issues.
In a sense, I feel it was kind of pointless to spend a full day traveling (missing 2 days of work), in order to spend 5 minutes (that's all we were allowed) at the grave of the Rebbe.
Maybe I should have stayed home and just faxed in a 'Pa"n.'
I don't know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
"Grave of the Rebbe"
Zvi I think it's time to go back out on Shlichus.... gotta stay connected!!
at least entertain the idea....
Thats the #1 reason in my opinion, btwn working or going on shlichus.... to live it and feel it!!
After she read this post Bashie told me to write (and i quote) "the Rebbe is with you no matter what, man!
Hmm sometimes I feel like it's pointless. Like. Who. The. Heck. Am. I. Already. I'm no shlucha. But my shlucha likes to remind me that it doesn't matter. The Rebbe wants to know. Wants to be included.
Hmmm. How long is the drive?
Zvi, you're a brave man.
Anonymous - true, it should be 'the Ohel.'
About going back on shlichus, I'll post about it soon - I need to first put my thoughts together to explain my feelings. Shlichus is NOT out of the question in the future.
Shua - I hope so.
le7 - Usually close to 7 hours, but it took alot longer for various reasons (including the Washington bridge being shut down at 12:30 in the morning and sitting in traffic for an hour and a half, etc)
TRL - thank you.
Oy Zvi, my little Tateleh.
You should only be gezint!
12:59am... Hence this comment.
You should go back out on Shlichus.
I'm going to post my thoughts about the Ohel this past 3 Tammuz soon.
It's not 4am yet, so I can't write the post properly.
Post a Comment