Friday, June 05, 2009

Nisyonos

Caution: emotional post ahead.

Why? Why does Hashem keep doing this to us? Why do we wind up in all these dramatic situations?

If I were an observer watching the events of my life, I would have laughed my brains out already. Murphy's law is the norm when it comes to our life. Just when things seems like they can't get any worse, they do.

We moved into a basement a month ago, since nothing else was available. You see, in Montreal, all leases end on July 1st, which is when everyone moves into their new apartments. I don't understand the system, but it makes it difficult for people coming into town before that time.

We knew that we had to leave by the end of the month, since the owners had sold the entire house, including the basement, to someone else who didn't want tenants. The owner, while a decent guy who helped us, did it for the money and now that our contract is up wants us out.

Chayale spent the entire month, and particularly the last week, franticly searching for apartments. Nothing was available in our price range with enough rooms, except for one basement on Barclay, which is the equivalent of living in Afghanistan except without the warm desert air.

Finally Chayale found an apartment. Expensive but perfect. We called our Mashpia and he told us to go for it. This was a last minute sorta thing. So we called the landlord and took money out of the bank, but he had already prmised it to someone else.

So tonight I will be up late packing and shipping the stuff to my parents house where we will be staying until we find somewhere better.

Why us? can't we lead a normal life? it's so frustrating!

3 comments:

the Mitzvah man! said...

I wish I was able to tell you that it's going to be okay... I find my innards screaming when I read this post "Man! I've been crying this stuff out for the last few months!! Finally Zvi and Chayalle are getting frustrated like me!!"

I don't understand, but I'm utterly humbled at the incredible belief and hope that you guys have had up until now and continue to have.
I know that if it were me going through this, I would have collapsed waaaayyy long ago!

Kudos to you guys. you really are an inspiration.

Sholom Ber Shuchat said...

Just look at this year as the "six-months of nisyonos". G-d took all the nisyonos that you were supposed to have in your lifetime and "packaged" them into six months. It is known that once you hit bottom there is only one way - UP. So cheer up, it will just be good from now and on. Take life easy, it's too precious to waste on depression and worries.

Love Ya.

SB

P.S. I STILL didn't forget about the weed dreams. Hopefully they will become a reality.

The Momma said...

I admire the two of you and how you take each event in it's time and deal with the moment. Keep up the great work you are doing of working on yourselves. I see you both trying to make the routine of your lives be as consistent as possible, as uneventful and serene and not overly dramatic as possible and that your children experience the changes easily and with love.