From all the comments of my last 'news post' telling me to take it (said three times by my east bloc friends too), I think that without going into too many details I'll explain what it is and why I think it isn't for me.
The offer:
A teaching (Yiddishkeit) shlichus for a prestigious shliach (who has a record of throwing out several shluchim under him). I'd also be expected to bring more families (through the children) to the Chabad House.
What I think:
I've tried teaching, and aside from the fact that I'm not really good at it (I'm more of a guy who 'hung out with my class'), I also hate preparing classes, since you spend an hour working on something that you (and the children) will have forgotten most of by as soon as you've finished teaching the class.
Also, I'm reluctant to work for someone with a record of chucking people who 'threatened him by being successful' or 'didn't do a good job' or 'didn't fit in'.
There are several other reasons which I cannot write, since they have to do with the location, which I don't particularly like for certain reasons.
Perhaps more offers will come forward, but for now I'm writing in most of my spare time. Actually, I'm looking for a Litvishe guy my age with a good sense of humor to assist me in my writing and brainstorming. Lots of money potentially involved, so if any readers knows anyone, please email me.

11 comments:
Yeah... is this a safe forum?
Not that I'm cut out for shlichus, but those reasons are the reason I'd never go back to my hometown on shlichus...
I hope you'll think about somewhere else for shlichus though.
TRL and you will be great!
Maybe after I finish school?
Thanks! TRS is pretty awesome...
Well, I like to think so...
Hey, I heard of this great city in Russia with tremendous potential - called Stavropol or something like that.
You guys should check it out.
;)
Hmm sounds interesting... do they speak Russian there too?
If your family is interested in a little road trip to Milwaukee the Chasuna is G-d willing, 25 Elul, September 14th....
Zvi: hmm, that's an idea. Do you have any info re: it?
:) Seriously it's a great community.
le7, we probably won't be able to make it, but thanks for the invite.
Will the Chasunah be streamed? :)
Will the potatoes be steamed? I have no clue!
No problem. I'm just pictures will be up later on, but streamed? Hmm...
And who said we're having potatoes?
Post a Comment