Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chayale makes a mistake

Over Shabbos (in which I was very Tattyesque) I got a report from Miriam's counselor on an interesting thing she did.

A friend of hers came to camp, and when her mother left she began to cry. Miriam went over to her, patted her on the back and said "don't worry. Your Mommy will come soon. My Mommy is in Russia now, and I know my Mommy is also going to come home soon."





Regarding Chayale's mistake:

As I wrote before, she had packed clothes for me to put on Miriam every day so she won't wind up mismatched wearing a blue shirt Chaim's size which says "boys like hockey" with pair of womens pantyhose that our cleaning lady had mistakenly put in her drawer. Chayale had put these all in large ziploc bags.

Well, she had also filled a large black bag (the kind environmentalists sell for like 30 bucks and which you are supposed to go shopping with instead of using plastic bags, which in my opinion are better since you can easily put stinky diapers in them, close the bags and dump them in the garbage) with clothes, diapers, pacifiers and even diaper rash cream (that one was for me... you know, it's the summer...) which was specially designated for Shabbos, which is very ironic, since it looked exactly like Savta Simchas bag except that there weren't little yellow birds flying around inside of it. (Come to think of it, wouldn't Savta Simchas birds have pooped all over her samovar? I mean, they LIVED in the bag...)

I brought this with me to my parents house, where we were spending Shabbos. Actually I felt very organized, since I managed to get everything over to my parents before Shabbos.

Well, except for my Kapota, hat, gartel and Tallis.

And I only discovered that when it was time to go to Shul, which meant I had to walk the 10 minute trip home in my white shirt past all the big Rabbis who all looked at me like I was naked. I felt naked, come to think of it. I almost curled up into a ball when I passed the seminary, but then I remembered that everyone was away in camp, so I could walk naked down the streets if I so please.

Not that I ever would.

Anyway, Shabbos day Chaim's tuchis was like that geyser in yosemite. Every half hour he had another poop, and one of them leaked. I went to get a change of clothing and gasp of all gasps Chayale had forgotten to put one in her all terrain bag! Not only that, but there was also no pyjamas for either of them, and she KNEW we would have to stay over Motzei Shabbos since the kids run on a tight schedule and would be asleep before 7 (and up before 7 the next morning too).

So I just put them to bed tonight in their clothes.

They'll live.

10 comments:

Bashie said...

delicious! that is absolutely precious zvi how you managing? and how is chayale?

Zvi said...

Chayale's report will be published iyh when she returns wednesday night.

I'm managing ok. Bashie: 'al tifta palasoton' as Ta says ;)

Chayale is ok. I spoke with her several times so far and she has lots to say. I told her to also write everything down so we have it as an everlasting memory (what a shlichusdike speech that just was).

Just like a guy said...

You'r title is a little harsh, no?

Bashie said...

kah poo poo poo knock on wood

Zvi said...

TRS - and yet complimentary. She rarely makes mistakes, so I gloat when the opportunity arises ;)

She is an amazing woman, mother and wife.

Bashie - kininininininihora

the Mitzvah man! said...

That geiser in yosemite had me. Maybe it's the late hour, maybe it's actually laugh out loud for half an hour funny! I think it's the latter.

Good post again.

That story of miriam was... Yummy!

Zvi said...

Yeah, she is a cutie.

I guess describing poops makes people laugh.

Guess what my next 6 posts will be about?

Mount Vesuvius.

Anonymous said...

RULE NUMBER 1.

YOUR WIFE NEVER MAKES A MISTAKE!!!!!

RULE NUMBER 2.

IF SHE EVER DOES, REFER BACK TO RULE NUMBER 1

Zvi said...

I once remember Bashie making a mistake.

I think it was Tuesday, November 8th, 1993.

I'll let you know the exact time when my files return from Russia ;)

Bashie said...

it wasn't my fault!