Today is lazy day today is lazy day, if you are lazy you are crazy...
Or something to that effect that we used to sing in camp.
Last night the girls hogged the room I was supposed to be sleeping in and watched a video (and let the record stand: it was NOT Uncle Moishy volume 6). Instead I sat downstairs on the couch surfing the net on my laptop as you can see from my previous post, which although it says that it was posted at 5:53 AM, that is only because my computer is set to Stavropol time in the dim hope that maybe President Obama will for some reasons threaten President Medvedev that if he doesn't let us back in Moscow will be nuked, and then we will be flown out to Stavropol on a private airplane that from the outside looks exactly like a stretch limo and even has a skylight which I can poke my head out of and wave around at the world, and then when we will arrive in Stavropol AT LEAST we will know the local time because I had kept it on my laptop the entire time.
THAT my friends, is a Gemara kup. This is what I learned (with an 'ed', Eli) in my 23 years of yeshiva (I added a couple of years since my mother used to walk by Yeshiva sometimes when she was pregnant with me).
So I wound up going to sleep at 2:00 AM (and interrupting the girls at the climactic part of the video... and let me stress that this video was NOT Professor Pella's place).
The kids awoke early, but let me sleep in til 8. Then I watched them for a long time.
However, to my good fortune, my mother decided to take them bikeriding down town. She asked me if I wanted to come. I told her that Bubby-time shouldn't be interrupted with Tatty-time as well, and squeezed my way out of it. It was a classic keep the table turned move which I perfected and trained my Ottawa boys to do back when I was in yeshiva.
The trick goes like this:
You walk up to someone and punch him in the face.
"What was that for?" he demands.
"What? you didn't get it? it was a joke!" You tell him, and then you spin the table around and turn it over so the crumbs fall all over him (metaphorically) and continue by saying: "it's your fault! YOU have no sense of humor!"
So in the end, you walk away with an extra hop in your step (usually because he gave you his sneakers), while he received both a punch AND an insult.
I TOLD you I learned in Yeshiva. Now I'm going to go back to playing computer games.
Oh, and the video my sisters watched? it was called 'Hand in hand' and it was made by JEM.
What, you thought it was something else? wow, you have such a horrid mind.
See? did it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Can I come on the plane too and drink champagne?
y no updates from the mama lant? have you not heard from the mrs?!?!?!?
TRS - Absolutely. But I reserve the window seat. Just don't get shikkur.
Anonymous - Chayale will be back and I asked her to write at least some of her experiences, since I am not the one who can tell them.
Someone (cough!) made it really clear to you to to tell us when you want to go to bed!
"We'll talk about this later, Gerald"
"color war is here, color war is here, if you are lazy, you are crazy" - at least that's how they sing it in the girls camps
I'm trying tp figire out when it was in hand in hand that you walked in on the girls... which climax was it?
You have taught me a lesson of life. Thank you!
Post a Comment