
The idea of a kinus for Russian shluchim started Kislev-time at the huge shluchim convention.
Originally they thought of doing it in Russia, Kislovodsk - which is in Stavropol's region (under my responsibility) was considered an option since Leviev apparently has a kosher hotel there (it's a 3 hour drive from Stavropol).
In the end, they decided to do it in Israel.
Planning was already underway when our deportation took place, and we were thinking of booking tickets back then. But once we were in the US and things were different we changed our minds.
This past weekend was the kinus for Russian shluchim and from the looks of it and the reports it sounds like it was amazing.
Usually they are. The Federation does a good job of impressing and inspiring the shluchim in Russia.
They toured all over Israel, had some workshops and finished with a massive banquet (pictures can be seen on collive and crownheights.info). Businessmen who support Chabad in Russia also were there, and it looks like they were inspired as well.
I wish I could have been there.
If for any other reason, then to have added in the Chayos department.
See, usually people get a little awkward when it comes to the end and they put on loud music and expect people to dance. It happened at the last conference in Moscow and it looks like (from the pictures) it happened again at the end of this one. (Not that it was lacking Chayos - liveliness. Just that I feel I could have added some).
Usually when it comes to the dancing (at weddings and in general), I feel like it's my cue. I hop in and just let completely loose. I go wild. Last conference I grabbed some knives and apples and started juggling in the middle.
I'm rambling. I guess I kind of wish I could have been there. I miss shlichus in Russia. The downs... and the ups.

2 comments:
The real question is... What's the food like by these events?
Amazing, TRS. You cannot imagine.
See the crownheights.info pictures.
Post a Comment