
- We have received so much support. From ou friends, and beautiful emails and messages from our community as well, and we'd like to say thanks to everyone!
- We have 41 readers so far, who support us as well. Thank you.
- Yefim Fainer is an anagram for "I free infamy"
- I've been emailing back and forth Rabbi Lazar, who keeps advising me to stay away from the press, no matter where it may be, even though the story is out in the open. I wondered what the point was, but today in the Mikva a realization hit me.
It's all about my ego.
All these panicky feelings are egoistic. It's about ME, rather than my community. Yefim Fainer is spending his time, money and energy trying to tell everyone he can (and even using the media, as I was told he went on Stavropol TV bashing me publicly) what a bad person I am. Trying to besmirch my name.
But ultimately it's not about me. My pride can take a beating. But if fight back, I will be spending all my energies devoted to a losing cause. I can be quiet, grin through it and let it pass when the next story of interest hits, or I can make a storm and end up upsetting everyone.
I am a shliach. It's not about me. Truth is, it's not about the Rebbe either. It's about the Jews of Stavropol, who will not see much of a future with Yefim running the show. I doubt any Rabbi will go to Stavropol after this story, and I doubt the community can move forward with all the infighting.
I think Rabbi Lazar hinted at it in his last email. He told me that they re making new elections for a president of the community. This is what I must do and will do. I must make sure he doesn't win. Let him expend all his energies trying to give me a bad name. I'll take the battle loss and the war win.
I have a great head Shliach.

2 comments:
Very smart!! Couldn't agree more! You need not win this PR battle, you need to go (come) back to there (here) and anything that may interfere with that isn't worth it.
Please update with more news as things develop. And BTW can you please bring us some unscented tissues, tinfoil and a bottle of snapple??!
Chaim, I suppose the tinfoil is to substitute the rusty toilet paper...
As my congregants whisper after my Shabbos speeches...
"Anything is better than that..."
Zvi, it was nice talking to ya' today and good luck.
You are right about all. As usual!
Post a Comment