
That's Chaim Tanny at the wedding.
Dear Zvi,
The director of EF told me that she saw a report on the local television about you. It was an interview with your good friend the president of the community and these are the things he claimed that I remember her telling me:
1. No one in the Jewish community knows who you are because you never see them.
2. You lived in a run down little house on the outskirts of town so no one knew where you lived.
3. You were in Russia without a visa.
4. You didnt fulfill your duties as a rabbi, even on festivals.
Now we all know that is a pack of very stupid lies, but I have no contact with anyone from the community now, so I dont know how they have reacted. Did you hear about this?
Do you have the number of the family who speaks Hebrew? Maybe I can at least do the seder with them.
How are you all doing? Any news about your return here yet?
Missing you all,
Mel.
Should I post all the other emails? (I'm too lazy to translate them all).

No comments:
Post a Comment