Now that this blog has become world-famous thanks to this article: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-russia-rabbis18-2009mar18,0,7212585.story (and she wrote very well and honest, in my opinion) we either must be careful what we write or make the blog private. Should this blog go private, anyone wishing to read it should please contact me at rabbizvi44@yahoo.com for an invite.
This article http://www.asianews.it/index.php?l=en&art=14753&size=A brings a different angle to the whole situation (and calls us missionaries).
I had a beautiful conversation yesterday with Rabbi Silberstein from Vladivostok. He told me that he had opened an Igros (book of the Lubavitcher Rebe's letters) randomly, and happened to chance upon a letter written in Russian (extremely rare). On the other side of the page, the Rebbe spoke about the month of Adar and how it s a good time for the Jews, and how if we increase in our prayers and learning, any courtcases we have will go our way.
Then he told me that he learnt a Maamar of the Rebbe before Purim, and was again shocked by the clarity of what he read and how it applies to us. The Rebbe wote that in the time of Purim the Jews were more connected to the authorities than at any time in our history. Mordechai was an advisor, the QUEEN was Jewish, and yet they weren't the main reason the Jews survived in Shushan and around the world. The proof is that Haman's decree to kill all the Jews was in effect, and about to take place.
So how did the Jews mange to come out of the story unharmed, and even more strong than they were before? the Rebbe explans that it was because of their prayers and learning. When the Jews decided to do Teshuva and pray and learn, everything worked out. And Mordechai and Esther were just the Keilim (vessels) that were in place t make it possible.
I was (am) inspired. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but in general the Silbersteins have been a inspiration. When I heard that Yisroel had gone to Russia on shlichus, I decided that if he can go, then I can go. He was the one I spoke to before we left. He further inspired me when after officially losing their appeal, they had to leave Russia. Probably permanently, we all thought. When I asked him (this was before anything happened to us) if he is packing up his apartment before he leaves and taking as many things with him as possible, he said nope. He is leaving to America with 5 suitcases, and 3 of them will be empty, so that he can return home to Vladivostok with suitcases of books, food and other articles that are impossible to get in Russia.
Inspiring.
We took on a resolution to learn together over the phone once a week, and I took on a personal one to concentrate harder when I pray, and to Daven Shacharis in the mornings (I have been lagging to 2:00) after Mikva, and finally to set up a Chavrusah for about an hour with someone in Tiferes. If anyone wants to learn beChavrusah with me, let me know.
Zvi (writing under Chayale's acount)
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I protest to your ideas of making this blog private.
The world is reading and being inspired. Why take that away from them??
That article is incredible and it was only used for your benefit.
Please keep it public and keep inspiring all who read it.
It's really amazing.
Benny, posting on Sonia's account.
If anyone else thinks so, let me kow by posting here.
I second the notion
Me too
Zvi! You need to keep it open man! Privatizing it makes it useless. The world must know!!!
I don't know...
Yeah you don't know. That's because you're a doofiss!!!
Zvi, you should really make it public again. My mom can't read the inspiring letters you write.
Post a Comment